Keep Up Your Momentum in 2022
by David Klemt
In 2022, our focus needs to be on recovery, which means starting strong, gaining steam, and keeping momentum going throughout the year.
Every challenge operators face during a “normal” day has been compounded. Recruiting, hiring, training, marketing, increasing traffic and revenue, managing inventory…it’s all more challenging.
However, “challenging” doesn’t mean “impossible.” Under the best of conditions, restaurant, bar, and hotel operations are a challenge. Overcoming adversity, in other words, is a consistent element of daily operations.
Now, whether we should view constantly overcoming challenges as a badge of honor… Well, that’s a different conversation, one about industry-wide changes that are long overdue.
For this post, my focus is on starting 2022 off right, building momentum, and keeping it.
Last year, we launched a coaching program called KRG Momentum.
KRG is known for our Roadmaps to Success, which include of our in-depth feasibility studies and detailed business plans, both of which help operators secure funding. However, some of our clients aren’t ready for our full suite of startup and expansion solutions.
KRG Momentum was designed from the ground up for these clients and consists of two programs. On one hand, we have Momentum for startups. On the other, Momentum for current operators looking to improve operations.
Both Momentum programs include a dedicated KRG coach; one-on-one video or phone consultations; and reviews of multiple operational elements. Of course, startup operators have different needs in comparison to experienced operators. And new concepts require different strategies than established operations.
For example, KRG Momentum’s startup program includes (in part):
- review and navigation of startup questions and challenges;
- weekly sessions that evaluate the past week and identify the next week’s focus; and
- identifying blind spots throughout the project, positioning a startup operator to maintain their budget and desired opening date.
And current operators who choose KRG Momentum will receive, in part:
- an in-depth discovery session to uncover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats;
- review of P&L statements, menu engineering reports, labor scheduling reports, menu design, online reviews, marketing campaigns, service sequence, and other pain-points; and
- strategies to improve both revenue and profit margins within 90 days while working less hours per week.
All hospitality professionals—from business owners to staff—are members of a tight-knit family. Unless you’ve lived hospitality, you just don’t know the challenges, risks and rewards.
That means that startup operators and established operators don’t have to try to navigate the industry alone. Whether you aren’t sure where to even begin your ownership journey or aren’t sure how to overcome the hurdles you’re facing, the team at KRG Hospitality is here for you.